Monday, July 16, 2007

Wow quite a week....

Hey everyone. It's been quite a week for me. The Harry Potter movie on Tuesday night, and caught the Transformers movie this afternoon with friends. I have to say that these two movies saved me from my only celluloid memory of this summer being (shudder) Spider-man 3. Now I know that SM3 was not all that bad. But my God, if they had cut out the middle 40 minutes and gotten rid of Venom, they would have saved it. In fact, after seeing the finale of HP and the entire Transformers movie, Venom suddenly looks kinda cheesy to me. My opinion, but really they could have done better.

About the Transformers, this was a guys movie. I admit that I liked the cartoon way back when (and I would still probably watch it today as I am a cartoon geek), but this was off the charts. The story was really kinda cool and not hard to follow. Fluff? Maybe. But I wasn't looking for a dissertation on policies here. I look forward with anticipation to the potential DVD bonuses about how they did these and maybe some extras that were left out.

Oh, I mentioned that I would talk about comics? well, unless something really weird happens (which is always a possibility), next post I promise.

3 comments:

Shawn said...

You give me hope for these films.

I may take the kids to see TRANSFORMERS this weekend.

Cheers.

Lee said...

Ron Ron Ron.... sigh... Ron Ron Ron.

Transformers? Seriously? I went on vacation (dragged I should clarify) and even the 17 yrs old cousin growned at the bad lines. Effects were cool but dialogue was weak in far to many places. When I can guess the line before it's said that's bad.

Pure fluff.

Ron said...

Sorry to disappoint Lee, but I was looking for fluff. I was looking for enjoyment. And the fact that I got that makes it a good movie for me.