Thursday, July 19, 2007

Some Personal things.......

I know that I said I would post about comics, but it can wait. The comics aren't going anywhere. I am feeling sort of introspective and I would like a few minutes of your time if you can spare.

I have a birthday fast approaching. Not one of the biggies (21,40, etc.) but still one nonetheless. I find myself feeling sort of wierd (or wierder) as it approaches. I consider it a rare honor that I share this birthday with a family member (hey Mike!) and someone I considered a comic genius (Robin Williams). My birthday tends to stick out from my family and friends. Most, if not all, have their birthdays in the spring or fall. Mine occurring in the middle of summer always felt out of place, not sure why.

My family has always been there for me, even in the worst of times.I consider myself incredibly blessed as I have seen the wreckege of other families, and mine still holds together. We aint the Brady Bunch, but we sure as hell aren't the Manson's either. I bring this up as we are heading into the homstretch of an upcoming wedding of my niece, Jenny. Her impending nuptials to Matt have me feeling somewhat old and aware of my age. I remember fondly her childhood and playing around the house with her and their dog, Beau. She was the happiest child I had seen and was so fun to play with. Karen and Bob, my sister and brother-in-law, instilled some great values and a sense of irrevrence in her that has been strong in my family. While I look forward to seeing her walk down the aisle and starting a new chapter of her life, I will always remember her as a fun loving child.
I guess what I am trying to get at is that no matter what happens, no matter how much life craps on you, if you have family and some friends that care about you unconditionally, you can get through just about anything. Again, I feel blessed that some people care enough about me to actually talk to me.
Jim and Shawn have been nice guys and I have grown to enjoy their company and I can only hope that they enjoy mine. Dan, Tammy, Cory and Sara are a family in every sense of the word and they have made Cindy (my wife) and I feel like a part of their unit. I only hope that one day I can convince these people the difference they made in my life with the kindness that they all have shown me. As for Cindy, there are no words to express. Yes, I admit to being "whipped" and living for pleasing my wife. But you know what? She gets me. She understands who I am and never tries to change that. For that, I love her more than I cna ever say.

OK enough maudlin crap. Time to go read some comics. See ya!

3 comments:

Ron said...

If anything is misspelled, sorry. Still learning how to post.

Jim said...

True sentiment, that is sincere is never maudlin.

As for spell check, most blogs have that ability, but you can also type your post in a word processing program and then cut and paste.

Shawn said...

thanks for the kind words bud.

I'm sure everyone loves ya.

Your like the Thing. Big, lovable, always getting your friend's back, but less rocky which is a point in your favor. :D

I am lucky to have friends like you.

Cheers.