Saturday, July 28, 2007

Some random thoughts and stuff....

Hey there everyone. Time for me to put some thoughts down on to paper and let you, the gentle reader decide how nuts I am.

First off, on a rather personal note, my birthday has come and gone. Yes, I know you are crying in your beer at the thought of not getting me that elusive present. But fear not. I know that you are out there somewhere in the nether regions trying to find a piece of sanity. I only wish that you have a better birthday than yours truly did. It wasn't the worst by any means, but didn't really make me go, "wow am I glad I was born" either. Now, I need to preface this by saying my family has been there for me more times than I can remember. I love them to death and would do just about anything for them. But they really don't understand me. I am not really all that complex, but for some reason, my family just doesn't see it. I know I sound ungrateful. I feel that way too, after all I should be happy I have a family that is close by and willing to put an effort into getting me anything. This will not change in anyway how I feel about them. If it did, I would be one shallow, vain asshat. So now that's of my chest, let's move on.

The trailer for THE DARK KNIGHT has been released. My copy was a bit choppy, but was still enough to get me moist. Check out my good friend Shawn's (naked imagination on the right) website for more info. On a related note, the IRON MAN pictures I have seen posted really have me jazzed to see this. I thought the casting of Robert Downey Jr. was a good call from jump street, and so far it looks like I was actually right on something, for once.

The big comic-con was this week in San Diego. Lots of big news comes out of this magilla, and the one I really got happy about was the casting of Star Trek movie. It's a prequel ( and yes I know that ENTERPRISE technically is a prequel, sheesh dad!) to the original series. The one casting that I have heard of is that Zachary Quinto (Sylar from the show HEROES) is going to play Spock. This is great as I think he can pull off the silent, understated control needed to play the greatest Vulcan ever. I just hope it doesn't take him off of HEROES for too long. That show was really good and has the potential to only get better.

Lastly, this weekend is a big deal in Baltimore. Cal Ripken is being inducted into the Hall of Fame. Some of my family members have made the trek up there and all I can say is:Congrats Cal!

Now, go play in the hot sun and get all sweaty. Remember, showering together can be fun!

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Happy Birthday my friend.

Peace.

-Shawn