Friday, September 7, 2007

Some thoughts and feelings

Hey gang. I have a somewhat busy weekend ahead of me so I thought I would put some thoughts and general things down for you to discuss.

I once heard an old comedian say " did you ever get the feeling that the world was a black tie dinner and you were a pair of brown wing tips?" I know that most of you may not get the joke, but at the moment I am feeling that way. Out of place, unsure of why the hell I am here, and wondering where I fit in if at all. I know, I know. Bitching on a blog? Wow what a rarity. But as I said, it's how I'm feeling. I am a lucky man, I realize that. I have a tremendous wife that loves me so much it scares me at times. I have friends that seem to like me, or at least tolerate my ass. I have a caring family that still gets together once in a while. But right now I feel like a turd in a punch bowl. Disgusting and best forgotten by all who see it, if they see it at all. Not a happy way to start a posting, but hang in there. It gets better (at least I hope it does).

This weekend is the big Baltimore Comic-Con. If you're going down on Sunday, be sure to stop by the Cosmic Comix booth and say hi. I'll be the guy closely resembling the comic book guy from the Simpsons. I look forward to this every year, not so much for the work, but to check out what the rest of the comic world has going on. I must admit to being somewhat geeked (poor choice of words) at the fact that some of my favorite artists will be there. The Kubert brothers as well as their dad are supposed to be there. Scott Kurtz, creator of PvP, will also be there and I look forward to meeting he and his wife again. But the fanboy moment for me will be if I get the chance to meet John Romita, both Junior and Senior. I have long been a Spider-Man fan, and they have been the premier artists to help shape his look. To be able to JRJR sign the 9/11 issue of Spider-Man would be the ultimate in my collection. I can only hope I don't crap myself if the opportunity arises.

Lastly, FOOTBALL IS BACK!!!!! One of the bad things that usually happens is that I miss the opening Ravens game to work the show. Not this year. Monday night, baby! Those who know me well enough know that I live and die with the team. This year I hold no illusions about the upcoming season. The Ravens are in a tough division and a tougher conference. If they can make the playoffs, nice. Get to the conference championship, terrific. Super Bowl? Well then I would have to be dreaming, but it's a nice dream to have.

OK that's it for now. have to try and get my head into some sort of place where I can do what's expected of me for the weekend. Later!

1 comment:

Jim said...

Ron - We all feel out of place and worthless at times. It is a self-examination process that we all do at different points in our lives. Still one has to take solace from the value they provide to others, and forget how one may feel about themselves. Your family and friends (myself included) see moe value in you then you may at times see in yourself.

AND GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!