Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Heroes..A review

I promised that I would post with my thought about the shows. But I fall into a weird category. I don't immediately jump on the internet like the other nerd to fight about what this meant or who said what, but I am a fanboy of the show. I expect the ratings for this to be somewhat low, since most of their target audience were probably standing in line for "Halo 3". I don't have an Xbox 360, nor do I plan on owning one. A Wii? Yeah hopefully one day.

OK on to the show. I admit that I was so jazzed for this opener that they could have shown me Hiro reading the phone book and I would have at least liked it. That being said, the show was a decent opener. The title says it all. "Four months later" and we get an update on where some of the characters have gone to. They still manage to keep in some contact with each other, so they are still connected. Peter is alive (no big shock there) but without his memory. We get an introduction that there is another big bad guy out there, possibly one of the "originals". OMG! They killed Sulu! YOU BASTARDS!! Should have killed the bitch mother, but meh. Two new "powers" are also introduced. One potential bad guy, one who is on the run. She has a power that I think can only be described as "sick". Won't spoil it for you. Hiro is still in Fudal Japan, where he discovers that his childhood hero is not who he thinks he is. You know, digging deep for a second here, don't we all have that moment? Someone who we admire as kids, build them up to be almost a mythic figure, then discover that in the end they are just as flawed as the rest of us. Maybe not, but I think that maybe that speaks a little to our society today. OK maybe I am a nerd reading too much into things, so sue me.
So, is this worth your valuable time? I would say yes, but I don't think you can expect shocks and surprised each week. At some point they lose their value. It's a good show and the character development is among the best out there. For the most part, these are fleshed out characters, not cookie-cutter flavor of the moment types. So give it a shot next week and see what you think!

No comments: