Sunday, September 30, 2007

"Smallville" and things...

First off, I am felling somewhat better. Thanks for asking. Seriously, I needed some time to reflect on things and realize that while our situation sucks, there are people who are worse off than us.

Onto Smallville, which premiered Thursday night. Well, I have some mixed reactions. I have to say I called it about Lana. Saw that one coming down the street and around the block. Really liked the Bizarro character and more importantly, liked how they didn't use "Bizarro speak" for him. Comics fans know this and sometimes get frustrated with it. I am still trying to figure out who has Lionel Luthor. John Glover is a Baltimore native and I have loved him as Lionel, so I hope he's back. I also like the use of the Martian Manhunter in this and hope that he will become more of a recurring character. Jury is really out on the Supergirl character. One plot hole that you could drive a truck through: at the end of the episode she's sitting on the water tower in Smallville while Clark is staring at the moon. Uh, hello? wouldn't he have seen her flying off? DUH? OK geek moment over.

Have a show to do tomorrow. I haven't been doing them as regularly as I have in the past, but with fall and winter here, plan to get back into the swing of it. That is, of course, if it doesn't conflict with the Ravens schedule. Then it's RAVENS time, baby! See you all out there somewhere in real life, hopefully.

2 comments:

Jim said...

I have never gotten into Smallvilee, maybe it will be like Stargate, I didn't get into that show until it was essentially over.

See ya later.

Shawn said...

SMALLVILLE has had a lot of ups and downs but it does seem they are taking a hint from HEROES and doing less WBish nonsense

I liked the pilot a lot. I knew Lana would be back because the actress is still under contract. I'm not liking SUPER-GIRL but I wasn't keen on GREEN ARROW last season and ended up liking him.

MARTIAN MANHUNTER is great. LOIS is always perfect and in character. Her and LEX are the most like their comic book counterparts.

Also, I hear many people complain that they don't believe this CLARK KENT could ever be SUPERMAN. He's too whiny, etc. This episode he WAS SUPERMAN from start to finish.

It was GODDAMN AWESOME.

End rant.