Saturday, December 8, 2007

Musings

Hope that you all survived the snowfall.

I guess that I'm still a dreamer at heart. I came to that conclusion after both seeing the responses (thanks Jim and Shawn) and talking to people about my feelings on the last snow event. I want to think that I am a cynic, and in most ways I am, but certain things tend to bring out the kid in me.

The trailer for the new Speed Racer movie is up on AOL. Newsarama has a posting of it as well. At this moment, I have very mixed feelings toward it. On the one hand, it's just another bastardization of childhood memories. I mean who doesn't recall coming home after school and seeing it? On the other hand, it does look promising. Oh and the inclusion of the sound effects from the cartoon is cool.

It appears that Shawn is dead on about the DARK KNIGHT trailer appearing before that Will Smith movie. But get this. They actually have 2 different trailers I have heard. One for the IMAX and one for the regular. I gotta tell you, I am really not digging the IMAX stuff. Seems like another way to gouge us for more money. But the prospect of seeing Joker as big as life has some people jonesing, just not me.

As I stated earlier this week, I am proud to be a Ravens fan, no matter how bad those slugs in the national media try to slam them. Just because they were the first team to really put a threat on the "beloved" Patriots, and didn't give a crap who they were. Of course the league was going to virtually ignore the accusation made about the refs antagonising the players. What did you expect? They have to protect their "polished" image, which has taken a bunch of PR hits this year. If it was proven that a ref was doing that on purpose, they would be facing a PR nightmare. So all I can say is that while the idiots who say it's a conspiracy against the Ravens in particular are off base, it certainly can look like that to the outside world. I just hope they play that well this week, and maybe they can vanquish the Colts.

Next week sometime, I plan to post my first ever year end awards. I have a few categories in mind, but if you would like to offer either some of your own or who you think should win a "Mutt", let me know. Some of my categories; best writer and artist, overall comic and mini, best event, best and worst idea, and some others that will go off the beaten path. Hope to see you all soon, and have a safe holidays!

3 comments:

Shawn said...

I believe the IMAX one is actually the first six minutes of the movie, with the bank heist and the introduction of the JOKER.

Plus THE DARK KNIGHT is the first film to use the IMAX cameras for some of the movie. Like it's being filmed for the IMAX experience.

And I've heard a step by step of the beginning of the film. It sounds ridiculously cool.

Jim said...

We did not vanquish the Colts and I left early after watching the beating and getting my a** rained on.

Ron said...

My god you had tickets to that fiasco? Man have you been naughty this year. I think I actually turned it off after the first interception. Just knew it was going to suck.