Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Beautiful Silence

The first snowfall of the holiday season. It's a nice event to watch, especially if you don't have to travel anywhere. I find a magical sort of silence that falls over the area when it's snowing. Almost as if the world is saying to mankind; "shut up, slow down, and listen." I defy you to go out into it, stand amidst the falling snow and beautiful white coverings and just listen. There is a silence that is almost overwhelming.

I realize that some of you live in the city, but even there, I am sure there is almost an eerie quiet. Like the blanket of white has muffled the sounds and sights.

I know I'm going on like a schoolgirl, but I find it humbling to stand out in it, and not feel that there is a presence in the snow saying "this will wipe away all your mistakes and problems, just allow the beauty and silence to wash over you."

Just take a minute to enjoy the show, folks.

4 comments:

Shawn said...

You are very lucky you could stand still for awhile.

I had to go out in this to work and when I got off late tonight spent forever cleaning my car off.

Snowfall can be magic.

Maybe I'll get some on my day off.

Ron said...

It only takes a minute dude. Just go pee outside. =)

Jim said...

Snow = Car Accidents = Me being too damn busy - but it can have it's charm.

The blanket of white snow does allow Baltimore City police to see the blood from murder victims easier.

Shawn said...

Jim is my Jedi Master of the Positive.

He always brings me up.