Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Some thoughts and feelings

Thought I would put keyboard to internet and throw some stuff out there:

-I am a registered Independent voter. Which basically means I go whichever way I want. I am not really sure about the candidates at this point. I respect the stuff that McCain went through as a POW, but I don't think that translates into being a President. His apparent waffeling and cowtowing to the radical right does put me off a bit. Hillary? Keith Olberman said it best. She never attended a daily briefing, got taken into the situation room, and any of that other stuff while Bill was in office. She was closer to the action than the other two, but I don't know how close. And I think that some people (NOT ME) believe that if you vote her in, Bill will be puppeting her, sort of how Chaney has been with Bush. Obama? Too clean, I want to see if he's willing to get down and dirty with things.

-On a lighter note, or maybe a sadder note, the rumor is that Lex and Lana want out of SMALLVILLE. Or at least the actors do. My wife cannnot stand Lana and is all for firing her out of a cannon into space. I don't think the show will do as well without Lex. After all, he is Clark's main foil. Unless they make Brainiac the big bad next season, I may travel elsewhere.

-Speaking of TV, do you think we all should pay the writers for going on strike? I think I owe them some money, since I find myself watching less and less TV these days. Sports are still at the top of my list, but other than SMALLVILLE, there is nothing really out there these days. Two shows I had liked, CHUCK and HEROES, are gone until September. I hate just about all reality shows and wish that someone, anyone would put American Idol out to pasture. Unless you have someone who is on this show, why are you going to waste your time and valuable money voting for these asshats?

-Will be posting comic reviews later on, possibly before the weekend. Early results? BUFFY and THOR were some of the best of the past two weeks.

Well, time to head out into the night. Destiny awaits me and she can be a cruel mistress if left standing around.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Which basically means I go whichever way I want. - Shawn had told me that already.

On a more serious note - I'm voting for "D" None of the Above - or writing in Ron Paul.