Saturday, March 29, 2008

HELP!!

Seriously.

I am in need of some assistance. Things have gotten so far out of whack for me that I am not sure if I am coming or going.

Let me explain. I have been trying to play the good husband for my wife and be there for her whenever or wherever she needs me. We had to call 911 earlier this week because she was experiencing chest pain and pressure and it was something we did not want to screw around with. Turns out after spending 8+ hours in the ER that she was experiencing normal pain that comes from having the cartilage in her ribs cut and put back together. But you can see where we would not want to mess around with it.

My overall issue that that the last 3 weeks has really thrown me off kilter. I have had no real energy to go onto WoW, no desire to read the few comics I do get, and no real motivation to do anything. I am hoping that this is temporary, but there are moments that I worry that I have lost the spark to do those things that I love.

I am a worrier, I can't help it. It's how I'm wired. If you can offer any advice, no matter how small or simple, I would greatly appreciate it.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Ron - Each of us is wired a little different from the other. I know that in the span of time that I have been around (52 years and counting) that I have often gone through cycles of losing interest in my past times and hobbies. 90% of the time it is a temporary thing and I think it is a way for me to recharge and be able to find the passion again that I have for a past time. Sometimes it just means that we have moved on and are looking for new passions.

Grandma Moses did not start painting until she was in her eighties.

As long as you are not hating life in general and going for clinical depression I would tend to think that you are just burnt out after all you have been through. Knowing your ability to see the best of life, it sounds like your batteries are just recharging.