Friday, November 2, 2007

Quick Hits

It's Friday, so I thought I would empty the garbage can that is my brain.



Some SMALLVILLE news. Looks like Black Canary is coming. She is supposed to be hired by Lex to kill Green Arrow, who will be returning shortly. Last night's episode was pretty good. It carried on the tradition of former "Super" people showing up, with Helen Slater (the god-awful Supergirl movie) playing Clark's birth mother, Lara. I'm not sure how the impending writer's strike will affect the show, but it explains why we haven't seen any reruns. Yet.

My master, Joss Whedon (if you read PvP, you know the reference) is returning to both comics and TV. The newest solicit for the Buffy comic has him returning to write. He is also planning to write a series called "Dollhouse" starring Eliza Dushku. You may remember her from Buffy as the slayer Faith. The premise sounds cool, with people gaining powers and having their minds wiped after missions. I know that I am not doing justice to the story, but I'm sure there will be more details to come.

The Ravens return to the field this week on Monday night which, quite frankly, scares the bejeezus out of me. I am a major fan, but I am also a realist. It's the perfect storm of bad things. It's Monday night, which means they are the only game on; National TV (well, ESPN) which they sometimes have bad showings; and an away game in Pittsburgh. Yes, they won there last year and they have had success on the national stage, but I feel this team is at a crossroads. This game sets the tone for the 2nd half of the season. If they win, terrific. Joy to the freaking world. All I ask is that they don't embarass themselves they way they have at times.

On a final note, I have a question. Is there someone in your life you can't do without? I don't mean love per se, but someone who does things that get you through your day? Have you ever tried to think about what your life would be like without them? Sort of deep for a friday, but I told you I was emptying my brain. Have a safe weekend all!

2 comments:

Jim said...

The new Whedon show sounds promising.

Ravens need to be a lot better to survive 2 games with Pitt, and one game each against the Chargers, Pats and Colts, That could very easily be five loses and put as at 8-8 (Yikes).

One person I can't do without, no one, I can survive anything, that does not mean I would be happy surviving.

Shawn said...

I've been walking around with a hard on after hearing Whedon is returning to TV with Dushku.

Online they are referring to the show as MINDLESS SEXDOLL DUSHKU TV show.

Which after reading the premise actually sounds appropriate. And is a much better name than DOLLHOUSE.

BTW: SMALLVILLE went from great last week to "What the hell are they doing again?"

Still, so far better than HEROES return.

Also BTW: HEROES ORIGINS have been cancelled. They say it is because of the strike but I hear it is also because this season so far has been badly received.

I think they need to hire a different show runner. One with an actual plan for the series.

But they have Kristen Bell so points in their favor...