Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Almost.....

OK, maybe it was me last night. I wasn't in the greatest of moods. But I really look forward to Monday night for HEROES. It's my only serious hour of television by myself that does not involve sports.





Last night was one of the worst episodes I've seen. I can't really put my finger on why it sucked, but it seemed that every twist, even Hiro's, was telegraphed so badly. It doesn't put me off the show, but it did make me pause for a moment. I know that Shawn is probably reading this and thinking, "I told him so, the asshat". After a few hours rest, and some caffeine, I think that I'll go all geek on you for a minute.





In comics, during a big story arc, there are what we sometimes refer to as a "placeholder"story. It doesn't advance the story too much, and provides the artists and writers a chance to focus and gain momentum into the next part of the overall arc.





Considering that the November sweeps begins soon, this episode had that feel. The overall story wasn't advanced that much. And I have to think that after next month, they go into repeats until after the first of the year. So they have a lot to get to in the next few weeks. Oh, and yes, I do tend to think that they are sometimes forcing characters into the story just for the sake of it. They don't want to lose any of the big guns from last year, but also want to keep introducing new ones as well. That can make for some scatter shot storytelling. That is what last night's HEROES felt like. So, it's a bad episode. Won't make me jump the ship, just know that when it re-airs, I can go watch something else. Later, folks.

5 comments:

Shawn said...

I'm torn on HEROES.

I didn't really like it much last year. I thought about trying it this year, but the universal complaint so far is that it has been BORING.

I can handle BAD over BORING.

Of course last night the delectable Kristen Bell started her arc and as bad as it was, I may have to watch it.

Just for her.

Oh yes.

Jim said...

I don't watch Heroes, but nothing can be great all the time. Every episodic show that I have watched had clunkers in them now and again.

Hell even I'm not perfect - sorry did not mean to shock yu.

Jim said...

Posting, posting and posting - Nice job!

Shawn said...

JIM'S NOT PERFECT!?!?

I just want to end it all now...

Jim said...

I know - but I'm very close - so hang in there Shawn.