Sunday, June 6, 2010

News and comments

Hey there all.

First off, I think that I owe you all an apology. After reading over some of the old posts, it appears that I've made the proclamation "I'm back" a bunch. So I promise not to do it again, no matter how long I'm gone.

When I left, the wife and I had just come through the ordeal of losing one of our beloved cats, Penelope. I still miss her and feel her presence from time to time. A month after that, we lost our oldest, Spice. She passed quietly in her sleep during the final big snowfall we had. I took the wife out in the early morning during the beautiful silence that happens during most snows and told her about it. She was upset, but we both felt at peace because we did not have to go through the dilemma of putting her down. There was the plus of the fact that she met the newest additions to our family.Meet Burt & Benji.

These two boys are our new kids. Seeing as we can't have kids of our own (too long a story to go into), we tend to view our pets as our children. We don't do stupid things like putting clothes on them and other inanity, but still they are our kids. We got them a few months ago when they were about 2 months old. They have already chosen who belongs to who. Burt is a mommy's cat and loves her up for treats and such. Benji, the daredevil, is mine. He comes and loves me up when it's time to eat, sleeps with me when he's tired and loves my feet. No, wait. He REALLY loves my feet. He walks with me everywhere I go. He is usually waiting for me at the door when I come home from work. They are still newborns and have a ton of energy from time to time. That can be helpful, but when you're trying to sleep and they want to play, it's a pain in the butt. Still, we love them and are thankful to have them in our lives.

Well, I think that will do it for now. I have things to get off my chest about comics, but that will wait for the next post.

It won't be six months, I promise.


No comments: