Saturday, January 23, 2010

New year...same results

Hey gang, hope you all had a decent holiday season.


For us, not so much. Well, the holidays themselves were OK. Had to work both Christmas and New Years Eve, so that blew. The center store manager, Kevin, was a great guy and let us come in early and leave at a respectable time so we could enjoy some of the holidays. Man, is he really on the crew's side as far as work, and that scares me. Guys who know what the job entails and really understand what is needed for us to do don't last very long at the store. I hope he stays for a while, but I'm not holding my breath.


As for the Ravens, it was an up and down season. I'm glad they made the playoffs and embarrassed the Patriots, considering no one gave them a chance. Especially that fat load Chris Berman of ESPN. Man, I hate that asshat! Dude must spend his down time giving Tom Brady a reach around whenever he calls him. But I digress. I was disappointed that they lost to the colts, AGAIN. Didn't even feel real competitive in the 2nd half. There were some big improvements to this team. Ray Rice and the offense made strides, but I think they need to find a balance for Flacco. Last year, they ran some great plays that had teams off balance. This year, not so much. Don't know why, maybe Cam Cameron was trying to establish a more traditional offense. However, the loss exposed the needs of this team. They MUST improve both the receiving and secondary corps, either through the draft or free agency.


On a final, sad note, we had to put our cat Penelope down the first week of the year. She had been sick for a while and we loved her too much to watch her suffer. The vets at Carrolltown Veterinary Hospital were and are truly magnificent. They took great care of her and us, giving us time and space to say goodbye. They were heartfelt in their sympathy for us, even sending a handmade sympathy card signed by the whole staff.


I have had many pets over the years. But there has only been 3 that have touched the soul of my core and made me a better person for their presence in my life. Henri, Beau, and now Penelope will always hold a deeply special place in my heart and I miss her in ways that I cannot explain properly.
R.I.P. Penelope. Your mom and dad miss you very much.
Later, folks.

No comments: