Monday, September 8, 2008

A nice start

Have to admit, but Sundays this fall are going to be weird for me.

I am a diehard Ravens fan. I am also a realist at heart. I am not one of those drooling fans who think they are going to win every game and win the Super Bowl each year (see Redskins fans for that). I just want them to play well and hopefully win a few more games this year. I also work late Saturday night and Sunday night, so sometimes a 1 o'clock game may be tough for me.

That being said, I watched the game yesterday from start to finish. It was a nice first game. Not great, but good. They still have things to improve on and hopefully they will. The kid Flacco looked comfortable running the offense and made good decisions for the most part. I still like Troy Smith, but the guy looked like he knew what he was doing back there. I think the pickup of Lorenzo Neal is going to be the thing that could turn this offense around. A few years ago, they picked up Sam Adams for the defense and he turned out to be a cornerstone of a record breaking defense. Now, I'm not saying that the offense will break records, but Neal brings an attitude that has been sorely missing on that side of the ball for some time. The defense looked like the nasty unit we have become accustomed to seeing in this town. Smartest thing management did was keep Rex Ryan the coordinator. The defense loves playing for him and it shows.

It's just one game, and there are a lot of season to go, but all in all, a nice start.

2 comments:

Jim said...

We are probably a 4-12 or 6-10 team this year.

Ron said...

I'd settle for a 6-10 if we can beat Pittsburgh at least once.