Saturday, January 19, 2008

Wishes and Random Thoughts

First off, lets all give a big birthday wish to Shawn! Happy Birthday, you crazy fool!

OK, on to other things.....

The big news is that the Ravens have hired a new head coach. John Harbaugh, the older brother of former Ravens QB Jim, is now the face of the team. I am still thinking over how I feel about this. On the one hand, it's a good move. The guy is young and has a chance to set things up for a long time to come here. He may have fresh and new ideas that can only help this (somewhat) aging team. On the other hand, he has never held any sort of coordinator position until this past year. Even then it was only special teams, which isn't really the glamour job. Still, I'm willing to give the guy a try. Let's see what he can do with a few years and maybe he'll make all forget about that other guy who was here.

I am also glad about his hiring in that it proved that Bischotti (sorry if I misspelled it) was not going to be beholden to his players. I'm sorry, I love those guys, but they basically killed any chance of Rex Ryan getting the job because they couldn't keep their heads shut. Why do they think Billick got canned anyway? One of the biggest factors, at least that I could see, was that the players were out of control. The way they carried on at the end of the Patriots game and the end of the Steelers game just showed that the players thought they had final say in things. Then, after the firing, the idiots just couldn't shut up. Anytime someone shoved a mike in their face, they had say "we love Rex, we want Rex, Rex deserves this." MORONS! If they had kept their mouths shut (rare I know), or said something like "we'll be happy with whoever comes aboard", there is a chance that Ryan would be the new head coach. This next sentence makes me want to throw up in my mouth, but do you hear the morons down in D.C. popping off? Nope, they are keeping quiet and they will get that tard Williams. Sorry just my opinion of the guy.

They practically forced the owner's hand. He was not going to continue this culture of grandstanding by the players. He took a stand, and I think it's the right one. It's possible that in the long run, these guys will understand that Harbaugh may have been the right tonic that this team needed.

Time to bring the mojo down on some teams. My predictions for the championships? My heart says Chargers and Packers, even though I hate that goofy-faced Mayberry screw Rivers. But I'm going with my head and say; Packers and Patriots. That sets up my dream scenario; Farve beats the pretty boy and the hoodie, then walks off into the sunset.

Time for bed. Everyone stay warm and have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Your analysis of the Ravens was also interesting.

Good job you.

-Shawn

Jim said...

Pats go 19-0 and are rated as one of the best teams of all time.

I think Harbaugh is a good signing. If we want to try something new I like giving someone new a chance. I also beleive we have to really blow the team up a little more and take next year as a year to learn and accept that 6-10 maybe how we end up to build for the long haul.