Friday, January 11, 2008

A Moment of Clarity

Comics will be reviewed later on this weekend, I promise.

But first, a little introspection.

I realize that I am a large hairy man. I also realize that looking like this might intimidate some people, but not you gentle readers. I bring this up because I felt like a real shmoe. I have been waiting and waiting to interview for this job. I have been put off so many times I started to get frustated. But I stuck with it simply because this was the best chance I have had in some time to get working. The interview took all of 10 minutes and the person basically gave me the bum's rush. I have been prepping as best I can and this person made me feel like she couldn't wait to get me out of the office. Like I was going to go berserk and start turning over things. Now, I'm back at square one and I am feeling lower than snail shit. If this is what the year is going to be like, I may have to consider swallowing a handgun at some point.

A number of years ago, I stopped drinking. When I did, I was about as good as a high functioning drunk as you would ever find. I used to down about a case a night at my peak. If you can think of it, chances are I've imbibed it at some point. I stopped cold turkey because I was tired of literally pissing my money away. That was over 14 years ago. I do still have a beer from time to time, but that's about it. Days like this really drive me close to crawling back into the bottle and not coming out until after Groundhog's day. Truth of the matter is, I'm too poor to go on a bender, so here I sit.

Stupid, broke and not sure where to turn next.

Happy fucking new year. Whee.

4 comments:

Jim said...

Is this Shawn's blog?

Matthew said...

And here I was going to say something serious and Jim has me cracking up laughing.

I'm sorry it didn't go well, Ron. Whenever you're discouraged, you might try listening to some old Unshackled programs on the web.

http://www.unshackled.org/

It's a radio drama of true life testimonies and man did some of these people really struggle with things. I sometimes catch it on 95.1 FM when I'm driving into the city at 0230 to go to work. Anyway, they're very uplifting. It couldn't hurt.

I've been trying to work on a review for you for about a week. Now that the weekend is here, I might just get it finished.

Hang in there!

Ron said...

JIM: Thanks for the kick in the nuts.

MATTHEW: Appreicate the kind words, Look forward to seeing the review. I promise to post it verbaitum.

Shawn said...

OH HELL NO. If Jim said it was like my Blog that you should be thankful for the compliment. lol

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles man. That really does suck. But you know what? It's her loss.

Fuck her. (not literally.)

I do hope something comes your way soon bud.

I'll be praying for you.

You are GOOD PEOPLES and GOOD PEOPLES are hard to find on this ball of mud and water we call Earth.

Your my boy, Blue.

Your my boy...

-SJD