Thursday, August 9, 2007

A road to nowhere

I find myself staring into the brownest eyes I've ever seen in my life. I have a thing for that, as opposed to most men who are suckers for blue eyes. Not me. An ordinary woman with deep brown eyes gets me every time. But I find myself distracted by the fact the between the two eyes is a barrel of a gun pointed straight at my crotch. It's the little things that I overlook that get me into trouble. Like the fact that this woman, this somewhat plain woman who turned out to be a monster in the bedroom is also nuts in the head as well.

Sweat begins to form on us. She's riding me for all she's worth and yet the gun doesn't move from my crotch. She stops for a moment and breathlessly whispers in my ear "I love to see a man come and go at the same time." I realize that for all my arrogance, all my hubris about women and how great I am with them, I only have a few minutes left on this earth. For the briefest of nano-seconds I think "well if I'm going to go, at least I'll go with a smile". As quickly as that thought leaves my head, the overriding thought of the fact that I will never be able to see my family again enters.

She begins again. I am powerless to stop her since I allowed this freak to handcuff me to the bed. Amid the screaming and moaning, my thoughts drift to my kids. Daniel and Rachel were my greatest treasures on this earth and the fact that I have failed them so utterly as a father and role model fills me with a sadness that drives me to tears. Seeing this, she stops. "Come on, it will all be over soon. Don't worry sugar, I'll make your last time the best ever!" My weeping becomes uncontrollable to the point that things begin to happen.

She climbs off and lays beside me. The gun is now laying on the foot of the bed. She asks if she really is that bad and I tell her that I deserve to die for failing my children. She asks their names and goes to my pants for a picture. Upon gazing at their smiling happy faces, she begins to cry herself. She was happily married herself once until she caught him with another woman in their bed. All of her actions since then have been to redeem herself somehow. Five other men have "come and gone" at her hands (or body). None of them showed even the slightest remorse over her or the women they cheated on. But the kids? They were not even in the picture. She reaches for the gun and again straddles me. She looks at me with the brownest eyes in the world and says, "I'm sorry". The sound of gunfire deafens me into a world of white. I awoke 3 hours later with medics pulling a limp naked body off of me and freeing me from the handcuffs. The police tell me that I'm a lucky man.

I never even knew her name.

No comments: