Friday, May 16, 2008

Settling in

Hey gang.

It is a big period of adjustment over here for the household. It's one thing to be a nightowl, it's another to be one and working at the same time. It ain't brain surgery, but there are worse things out there. It's great to be close to home (saves on the gas) and the Mrs. is going thru her adjustment as well. She hasn't had to deal with me being gone for long periods of time, but I think this will benefit us both in the long run

Some comic quick hits:
Secret Invasion 2- not as good as 1, but I'm willing to give it a go.
Buffy- Man this book is just too good. Each one has that episodic feel that Joss infused into the series.
Batman- the start of the R.I.P. story left me sort of lacking. I'm sure that the story will pick up speed over the coming months (at least I hope so).
Titans- Man, did the artwork suck this last issue. They look more like bend-it figures than heroes. Totally threw me out of the story, but Winick is worth reading.
Punisher- The last Garth Ennis arc is really good, but the "book" pages sometimes disrupt the flow. Still, it's a great read.

I am looking forward to the Final Crisis and Trinity stories. Oh and I read the FF Secret Invasion book in Rusty's store the other day. Not bad, did a good job of explaining what happened in SI 1.

That's it for now. I don't think I will be doing a whole lot of posting on the weekends (have to sleep sometime) but will still keep you all on your toes, so watch out.

Oh, and the IRON MAN movie ROCKED!!! Only problem? I missed out on the Nick Fury cameo after the credits. Oh well, I'll wait for the DVD. Other than that, it looks like Marvel has another solid franchise on it's hands.

Be good! =)

No comments: